navigation bar

about shop tutorials flickr twitter

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

This weekend at Sifu - Kelley Deal!

This weekend there's an awesome event happening at Sifu Design Studio, the yarn store where I teach classes and work. Kelley Deal is coming to knit with us! 



From the Sifu website:


"Kelley Deal of The Breeders, and author of the book "Bags that Rock" will visit Sifu Design Studio & Fine Yarns starting July 22 for a book signing and meet & greet! At 7pm, she will host Sci-Fiber Friday - our free, weekly Sci-Fi movie screening.  July 23 and 24, Kelley will be back to teach a two part workshop on her awesome felted bag, "The Road Bag."  Plus, all day Saturday we will be hosting The Urban Folk Circuit, the only traveling year-round craft fair in Chicago, in our back parking lot. Saturday night Kelley and her new band R.Ring will be playing across the street at Transistor.

Sign up now on our website for this once in a lifetime chance to knit and felt a bag with Kelley Deal. The class is $80 for both days, materials not included, but readily available in kits at the store for $60. "



I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday at the workshop, and if you're in Chicago, I hope you'll join me. Sifu is offering a special deal for my blog readers - half off the price of the class! Just use the code "KATIESBLOG" when you sign up, and I'll see you there!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like SO MUCH FUN. I sure do wish I lived in your town!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!