navigation bar

about shop tutorials flickr twitter

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Erica's Pistons-Themed Bachelorette Party

I think I've mentioned I was invited to quite a few weddings this year. Nine. I'm in the home stretch, and the last wedding of the year is on October 1st. We threw the bride, Erica, a little bachelorette party a few weeks ago. 

Erica is a fancy lady, but she loves her sports. And I was just so tickled by the thought of her carrying around a cooler in a lingerie shop, so my co-party-planner and I decided that Erica's party should be Pistons themed!

Pistons treats

We put together the whole party in the afternoon, then headed to G Boutique, a lingerie store in Chicago. It started with a nice red & blue theme for the food. Add a huge bin of cheese balls labeled "Basketballs - Made of Cheese," and a cooler labeled "Bride Juice," which contained Erica's favorite mixed drink. We finished it off with some simple basketball cupcakes and called it a party.

The bride!

I found the perfect crown at Target and covered up the Snow White emblem with a felt basketball.

All the ladiezz

All the ladies attending dressed in red & blue. And yes, it was a bachelorette party. Apologies if your 3-year-old is looking over your shoulder right now. Tell him it's a muppet. A muppet and.... candy? No wait, cleaning products?

In the shop

G Boutique is located in the Bucktown neighborhood of Chicago. Despite the somewhat shady website, the store is adorable! You can see a bit of the decor behind Erica in this photo. The owner did a little *toy* demonstration and was very funny and knowledgable. I would highly recommend them for all your lady-like needs. 

ps. This is the first time I've ever used the label "sports" on a post. It will probably be the last. 

1 comment:

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!