Monday, November 7, 2011

FO Week: Navy Lace High Waisted Pencil Skirt

FOWeek


I finally finished and photographed a bunch of stuff, so it's FO Week!

navy blue lace skirt

When I was at home in Michigan a few weeks ago, my sister, Meghan, asked me to teach her to use the sewing machine. We've both been obsessed with lace skirts, so I drafted a simple pattern off this picture

back view

I love the way mine turned out! It's a high waisted skirt with four pleats on the front, a matching lining, side zip and lapped waistband. Meghan's is the same, without the pleats, in a lovely teal color. 

side zipper

I can't wait to wear it during the holiday season! 

1 comment :

  1. Cute! And I'm in love with your styling. I kind of think that stripes go with everything, and this is no exception! hehe

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!