navigation bar

about shop tutorials flickr twitter

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Knit For Dolls - A Doll Sweater, A Review, and Picture from 2006

knitting for dolls!

If you know me (or have followed me on Twitter since 2011), you know I have an unhealthy obsession with American Girl dolls. So when I was offered the chance to review Nicky Epstein's new book, Knits for Dolls, I was totally in! 


I grew up with American Girl dolls (I have 4 - Samantha, Felicity, Kirsten and a "Girl of Today," my lovely model), and I'm happy to say that my nieces are starting to get into them, too. They have Bitty Baby dolls, and I love looking for knitting patterns for them. Perfect Christmas and Birthday gifts! 

doll jacket

Knits for Dolls fills a void that I noticed when searching for patterns - Nicky has designed hip, trendy sweaters for these dolls! I made the Perfect Match hoodie, and it turned out adorable. There's an array of cute cabled and color-work projects - perfect for using up those odds and ends left over from human-sized projects - with coordinating accessories like purses, headbands and socks. 

Proof of my AG-obsession? When I first moved to Chicago (in 2006), I worked as a Doll Hair Stylist at the American Girl store. Yup, you read that right. "Pics or it didn't happen"?

Me & Mah Doll

You're welcome. 

Make sure to check out the rest of the blog tour for Knits for Dolls:

July 1

July 2

July 3

July 4

July5

July 6

July 7 

10 comments :

  1. I'm thinking-who needs head shots when you're on the cover of American Girl magazine?! That is adorable! You are a girl with many talents. Seems like knitting mini sweaters as gifts is perfect for trying things out and a little instant gratification.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahhaah! Well, that was just a little thing you could get done in the store, it's not the *real* magazine. And thanks!

      Delete
  2. I never had any of the dolls, but I had a lot of the books and the paper doll sets. I LOVED getting the AG catalogs in the mail and drooling over all the dolls and their cool gear. Molly was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I had the paper dolls, and ALL the books. Drooling over the catalog was a quarterly activity.

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOD THAT IS AWESOME. Made my night. : ) (the knitted sweater is pretty swell too.. but that photo... just, well, YES.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh - glad I could make you smile!

      Delete
  4. My daughter just got her first American Girl doll and I'm obsessed with knitting clothes for them.... I saw a lot on ravelry but these look so awesome....I must have the book! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!