I'm finally back in LA, breathing a huge sigh of relief that I made it through the last week and half of plane trips, car trips, seeing a million old friends, and eating all the food. My trip home to Michigan and Chicago turned out to be a bit more stressful than I had hoped, but it was so nice to see my friends and family in the Midwest. Less nice to sweat the whole time due to humid, 100-degree temperatures!
Also, yes. These are all photos from my iphone. I had to take home too much stuff, and didn't really have room for my DSLR. So enjoy the instagrams!
1. Our trip started with a bang - our plane was delayed. 2. At Burbank Airport, you can walk right up to the plane like it's the 50's.
3. Flying over the Rockies.
4. Less than 12 hours after we landed, I drove to East Lansing, home of my alma mater, Michigan State, to attend wedding #1.
5. I went as the date of my Senior year roommate, Finn. 6. Who wore a pocket square.
7. And we had a little MSU Theater Dept. reunion!
8. Back to Saline, where Meghan and I beaded bracelets. 9. And made Nutella Pops with almond milk and bananas.
10. I had to visit Meghan at work, 212 Arts Center, which had been yarn bombed! 11. Made quite a bit of progress on my Lace Stripes (ok, I finished!)
12. A few days later, Chris and I headed to West Michigan, where we jumped in the freezing cold lake on a 100-degree day. 13. Did some Antiquing.
14. And ate at Soe Cafe, which is our favorite place to stop when driving from Saline to Chicago. The fish & chips are AMAZING.
15. The next morning saw two of our best friends getting married at the Art Institute in Chicago.
16. Yes, I made Kate's dress! More pictures to come.
17. That night I met up with my favorite Chicago knitters, and met a few in person that I had only met online. 18. My wedding weekend manicure.
19. The next morning, Chris and I took it easy, starting with Ginger Mimosas at Orange.
20. Then back to Saline, for dinner with my family. This is my brother Patrick, a rarely-caught-on-film 15-year-old specimen. Who is drinking Vernor's, not beer. Don't get worried, y'all!
21. I spent some quality time with my nieces. This is Madigan, who kept telling me that everything was "Phenomenal." 22. And Meghan and I finished our bracelets, almost.
23. Then back home, where I was greeted with an amazing coming home present: My succulent had bloomed! (I'm usually a failure with plants)