Friday, January 21, 2022

Project! Puff Coasters from TL Yarn Crafts

Pattern: Hexi Puff Coasters from TL Yarn Crafts. What a dream of a palate cleansing project! 

Materials: Impeccable yarn from Michael's - a fantastic, bargain acrylic that's great for crochet projects. A lot of body but still nicely soft. I used Forest, Taupe and Smoke - leftovers from another crochet project. 

Cost: Since I bought this yarn for another project and the pattern was free - we'll say free!

Timeline: This project was a fantastic, refreshing start to 2022 - I crochet all three of these in the second weekend of January while locking down due to a sliiiight Covid scare. (We're fine, everyone is fine, I now have three coasters.)

Sizing, mods, changes and notes on fitting: The pattern is written for DK yarn but this is a worsted yarn, so I used a size J hook and added an extra round before the edge round. 

Feelings about myself: This month I am focusing on spiffing up my decor, and this little project is a great start. Currently, it's under an orchid in my bedroom and it looks cozy. Like a tiny plant blanket.

Feelings about the world: Although I know a lot of people are ready to throw 2022 into the garbage already, I am feeling strangely optimistic! Maybe it's because I've been refreshing my space and that's giving me a good energy? I dunno, but I'm continuing to ride the wave for as long as possible. 

What I’ve been listening to or watching: We've been rewatching Star Wars from beginning to top, in order, including the live action shows (sorry, cartoons). I have seen most of the movies about a million times, but it's fun to see it all in context. It's a good hibernation project. A very JANUARY project.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!