Monday, January 17, 2022

Project! Stockings for Me & Chase in Knit Picks Brava Bulky



Pattern: Ok, I started this project by asking Chase what kind of Christmas stocking he wanted. And he said "I want a Ninja Turtle saying 'Cowabunga Man, Merry Christmas!'..... yeah, right. Then he moved on to a more simple idea of a chunky cabled stocking, and we looked through patterns to find.... this. Wow, what a misleading photo! I started knitting it (Chase requested stripes, so already one modification) and it turned out TINY. I get that this (free, why am I complaining?) pattern was probably written to sell a skein of yarn, but woof. Who wants a tiny stocking?! So I added width, more cables, length and some knit rows to make it all lay flat. 

Materials: Knit Picks Brava Bulky - Red and Dublin for Chase, and Fairy Tale and Hunter for me. 

Cost: The yarn was on sale, so about $12 for four skeins and shipping. 

Timeline: I started knitting these WAY too late (third week of December) and finished Chase's on Christmas Eve, just in enough time to leave him some gifts for Christmas morning. I finished mine on New Years Eve. 

Feelings about this project: I thought I had made a big mistake before I got the sizing right. The red and green one looked like FREDDY KRUEGER'S CHRISTMAS STOCKING. Buuuuut after everything, they turned out very cute! The yarn is fantastic and I would definitely use it again. 

Feelings about the world: Merry Christmas! Ok, yes, I know it's halfway through January, but better late than never. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!