Thursday, July 15, 2010

Music of the Month :: Mumford & Sons

Ok, I'm a bit late to the party with this one. Mumford & Sons released their debut album, Sigh No More, last October on their own record label, Gentlemen of the Road. However, I did not purchase it until about two weeks ago, after I heard them on NPR, and I have not stopped listening to it since.


They are a "folk rock" band from London, although when I downloaded Sigh No More from iTunes, it told me the genre was simply "rock." Mumford & Sons has everything I love about folk music - hearty lyrics, driving banjo riffs, a great beat by talented musicians. And burly men with nice beards who wear suspenders and vests - dreamy.


Try it, I think you'll like it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!