Sunday, March 6, 2011

Beatnik. Finished.

Nothing like terrible weather, the month of February, and a bad cold to help one power through a complicated sweater! At the beginning of February I joined Alyson at the Sweatshop of Love for a knit-along, and it's been pretty awesome. I learned how to knit two sleeves at once - a huge brain-saver! 

Beatnik - Finished!

The details - the pattern is Knitty's Beatnik, and I knit it with Cascade 220 on size 6 and 8 needles. 

I knit it almost completely according to the pattern, with only one mod - I knit the body in a size Medium, but after seeing how wide it was, I knit the sleeves in a size Small. I have tiny tooth-pick arms. If I had the heart to rip it out and re-knit the body in the smaller size, I would have. Instead I just blocked it aggressively and the fit turned out great!

Beatnik - Finished & Sassy.

I'm so happy with how it came out. I LOVE the collar - although knitting 4" of twisted rib is not something I'll be rushing to do again any time soon. Very wearable!

8 comments :

  1. Oh my god I can't believe how perfectly it fits you! Per-fect-ly. Love love love. Finishing this project is definitely something to congratulate yourself for in general (all those cables!) but you deserve double kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! It looks great on you. Your aggressive blocking seems to have paid off because it fits really well.

    Knitting two sleeves at the same time is the best. I love being able to do them at once so I don't get bored with the second sleeve. That is the only thing I dislike about knitting sleeves in the round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing! Thanks so much for participating. Your sweater is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats amazing!!! and i love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your are amazing. This sweater is beautiful. Once again you blow me a way by your talent

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sweater is stunning!! The colour looks great, and the fit looks good, too. You did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! The phrase "block aggressively" always makes me laugh a little... but it definitely paid off for your sweater, it turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!