navigation bar

about shop tutorials flickr twitter

Saturday, April 16, 2011

crochet top progress

After brainstorming on Wednesday, I whipped through the crochet collar for my top. I crocheted 14 round motifs and then joined them together. No pattern - just improv. I used stash yarn and it was just enough - an inch of yarn left over.

completed collar with fabric

I think I'll use this scarf for the blouse part. It's from the Liberty of London line for Target last year - so its like Liberty fabric for cheap! 

And I'm pretty excited because Rae from Made By Rae just announced that she is once again hosting a Spring Top Sewalong! 

If you haven't heard of this - get ready - it's awesome. Everyone takes part with some selfish sewing and in the end the best tops go into a little competition. It's all good, inspirational sewing fun, and I'm excited to enter my top this year. Click over to Rae's blog for more info!


  1. how neat!! love this...and that you just improvised it. really love that liberty print too....perfect for spring.

  2. ooo very pretty! i will have to check this out :)

  3. ZOMG, I love love loved the Liberty of London stuff from Target. That print is loooovely.


Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!