Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A little wedding ditty bag

ditty bag

My friend, Annie, also wanted me to make a little "Wedding Emergency" bag for Sethrina. Annie was a bridesmaid, and wanted to be prepared with hairspray, bobby pins, gum, a sewing kit, etc, in case of emergency. Annie sent me a huge list of stuff she wanted on hand for Sethrina's big day, and I made her this bag to house it all.

inside

It's a basic round ditty bag with coordinating fabric on the inside to make little pockets to hold everything. I didn't use a pattern, but I did use MATH. I calculated the circumference of a circle, people! Also I totally forgot how to calculate the circumference of a circle, and had to google it. 

Hint: use Pi. Double hint: Don't forget simple math things like calculating the circumference of a circle.

gorgeous fabric

How gorgeous is this fabric?! I had to include this picture I took before I cut into it so you could see it in full. It's from Cosmo Cricket, and Annie picked found it on Pink Chalk. I kinda wished we had a bit left over, but I used about 99.9% of the full yard she ordered.

This one was pretty hard for me to let go - the fabric is so beautiful - and it turned out perfectly! 

5 comments :

  1. Ooh, I love that fabric, too! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric is wonderful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so beautiful!!! And such a fun surprise for her to have a take-away from a standard old "Wedding Day Emergency Kit." I think this contributed to my "best maid of honor" award!!!!! =) xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!