Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cowl Swappin'

I love the internet. At the end of August, AndiIz and I got into a discussion (via Twitter) about knitting for other knitters. It came out that we had all either a. Never knit something for another knitter; or b. Never received anything knit by another knitter. We all tended to knit for ourselves or other non-knitters! 

Iz's Cowl for Me
The cowl Izabelle made for me. Detail shots here

And with that, a swap was born. We decided to knit cowls for each other, and Izabelle knit me this beautiful, teal, cabled cowl. I'm excited, because the temperature has finally started to drop so I can wear it!

Here's what I made for Andi:

Andi's Cowl

A huge, double-knit, be-triangled (yes, I just made up that term) cowl. 

Andi's Pretty Cowl

I love the way it came out - and it looks much better on Andi, just like it should! 

Reversible!

It's completely reversible, being double-knit, and knit from (surprisingly lovely) Sheepish Yarn on size 11 needles. 

And yes, I'm working on the pattern. I just need to make up the triangle chart, so it should be available at the beginning of November! 

Ps. Look at what Andi made for Iz, too! 

14 comments :

  1. I love that triangle cowl. love love love!

    Will eagerly await the pattern :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our usual chilly fall weather has finally showed up, and I've been wearing my cowl pretty much nonstop. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! I'm so glad you like it. I was honestly worried before I sent it off to you!

      Delete
  3. Good for you! All of these cowls are beautiful gifts any knitter would love to receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle - are you saying you want to get in on the next swap?

      Delete
  4. So cool! I love your triangle cowl, and the one that Iz made for you is gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cowls, never done a double sided knit yet.. Need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!