Monday, October 29, 2012

Something Blue & Wedding-y


Alex and Joe Married!
All photographs by Paul & Emma 

A few weeks ago, my friends, Alex & Joe, went all out and got married! It was a bit sudden, sorta shot-gun style, wedding-at-the-courthouse, and all hands were on deck. I offered Alex any help she might require, and replied, "Hand knits, plz?"

I was happy to oblige, and she requested this teal-blue version of Something Lacey by Vera Sanon. It's knit with Knit Picks Shine Worsted in Reef.

Thank You Alex and Joe
All photographs by Paul & Emma 

It turned out seriously adorable!

After this request, Alex came to me the week before the wedding and requested some mustache cake-toppers. I used my mustache brooch pattern, and made a simple, but cute, blue and pink cake topper. Lots of cute photos followed:


Alex and Joe Cake Toppers
All photographs by Paul & Emma 

Sometimes crafting for other can be tedious, but I have to say, it's my favorite way to contribute to a wedding. Having something I've made be part of the party's ensemble, or making cake toppers, is pretty special. And low-stress, usually - my part is over before the fun begins!

10 comments :

  1. How cute! Love the shrug and the cake toppers! Congrats to the couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like weddings where no fuss is made, looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I completely agree - laid back is my style!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous shrug! What a fun idea for a cake topper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The bride gets all the credit for the cake topper idea!

      Delete
  4. We had the best time and we loved our handmade items, they felt like us, were super fun, and made us feel special and loved on our ridiculous shotgun day! You are the BEST! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad! I had such a fun weekend with you guys, and you looked BEAUTIFUL!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful shrug, and the wedding looks so joyful and fun! The happiness just radiates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! And yes, I agree - it was so fun and very little stress!

      Delete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!