Friday, August 27, 2010

Madigan's first stitchery

On vacation last week, I finished up an embroidered piece I have been working on for. ev. er. My 3 year old niece, Madigan, kept watching me and saying things like "I could just help you pull that through!"

Luckily* I had an extra hoop with fabric in it already...



She picked the colors, the stitch placement, and did all the stitching herself - with only a few gentle suggestions from me.

She was so adorably proud of herself, yelling to her mom in the other room "I'm doing knitting with Katie!" "Not knitting, sewing.""I'm doing sewing with Katie!"

I think she did a pretty great job - her style is quite modern, don't you think?

*I'm not the only one who travels with my entire stash of embroidery thread, etc, right!?

6 comments :

  1. aww, thats adorable :) As is your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she should open an etsy shop, perhaps! With your photography and lovely colored hoops, you two could combine talents and earn some candy money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome! You should frame it and give it to her so she's got some of her craft work on display for others to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya'll are too sweet! Thank you ( from Madi)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My smalls love it too. And of course the thread, pile of felt, box of buttons, stuffing and sewing machine go with you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!