Saturday, April 16, 2011

crochet top progress

After brainstorming on Wednesday, I whipped through the crochet collar for my top. I crocheted 14 round motifs and then joined them together. No pattern - just improv. I used stash yarn and it was just enough - an inch of yarn left over.

completed collar with fabric

I think I'll use this scarf for the blouse part. It's from the Liberty of London line for Target last year - so its like Liberty fabric for cheap! 

And I'm pretty excited because Rae from Made By Rae just announced that she is once again hosting a Spring Top Sewalong! 


If you haven't heard of this - get ready - it's awesome. Everyone takes part with some selfish sewing and in the end the best tops go into a little competition. It's all good, inspirational sewing fun, and I'm excited to enter my top this year. Click over to Rae's blog for more info!

3 comments :

  1. how neat!! love this...and that you just improvised it. really love that liberty print too....perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo very pretty! i will have to check this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ZOMG, I love love loved the Liberty of London stuff from Target. That print is loooovely.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!