Saturday, August 2, 2014

Summer Knitting - Harnett Tank



Hey, check it out: it's my Harnett Tank.

Harnett Back

I cast on this baby on New Year's Eve, and finished in early June. (Rav page here, if you're interested.) I knit size 38 with almost no mods, except following Michelle's directions for jog-less stripes. She's so helpful!

I used the recommended yarn - Knit Pick's Stroll - and found it... lacking. After I finished my Fire Opal Tee, knit in a cotton blend, I was totally in love. Putting on a wool blend, at the beach, for these photos, was torture. The sweater fares much better when worn in my air-conditioned office, but I still wish I had used cotton. 

Harnett Front

But it sure looks beautiful, doesn't it? I was a little worried about the length and width while knitting, but the nice thing about wool is that it's so darn flexible, and I was able to wet block it into a nice shape. 

And hey! I'm a lucky lady, because Allyson came to visit and work on Red Letter Day Stitches stuff, and took these photos of me. This was pretty much the most perfect day at the beach because:
  • We saw a whale, and it spouted water! 
  • We saw dolphins, doing flips! Seeing dolphins is not unusual on the SoCal coast, but I had never seen so many, being so acrobatic. 
  • The water was very warm and swim-able. Rare for the Pacific, and probably why we saw so many animals.
  • We mastered the technique necessary for anchoring a beach umbrella in the sand. 
  • We were seated next to a group of very beautiful European people, and spent a good amount of time eavesdropping on their conversations and speculating on who was dating whom. Maybe that's a thing I shouldn't admit on the internet...
Harnett Flat

2 comments :

  1. Ah man, I've been waiting to see this! It's so cute on you! I love it in yellow, too. I see what you mean about the stroll and heat. I so loved the way mine looks, but can only wear it in cold restaurants and theaters, otherwise I sweat profusely. I should've done cotton too, but the Stroll looked so nice. We need more tonal warm weather yarns to knit with!
    Dolphins and whales?! Sounds like the perfect beach day. Btw, we totally eavesdrop on the families around us at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally agree, we need some tonal cotton blends up in here!!

      Delete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!