Thursday, September 8, 2022

Project! Summer Lee Knits Totally Rad Ribbed Socks in Beehive Yarns


Pattern: My mom gifted me a limited Christmas Socks Set - "Vintage Cheer" - from Beehive Yarns last year and it took a minute to find the perfect pattern worthy of this gorgeous yarn. It came with a pattern, but there were certain details that weren't exactly my cup of tea, so I held off. When Summer Lee released the Totally Rad Ribbed Socks pattern, I knew IT WAS TIME. I pulled in some design elements from the pattern included and mashed it all together in a pair of beautifully retro socks.

 

Cost: The Christmas Socks Set was gifted, and the pattern was $5. 

Timeline: This was my travel project in France during the month of April. I love working on socks while traveling - they take a decent amount of time but take up a small amount of space, so they're perfect, in my opinion.

Sizing, mods, changes and notes on fitting: I knit a size M with a cable cast on for a stretchy cuff, and then followed the pattern as written, with the exception of adding another round of stripes before the toe to use more of the accent colors. This was a VERY generous sock set - after I finished the Totally Rad socks, I had enough yarn to cast on a second pair of Weekend Shorty socks, whoohoo!! And I still have leftover yarn. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!