Saturday, April 10, 2010

Huzzah!

I'm back!
That's me, my dad and my little brother, Patrick, by Cinderella's castle at the Magic Kingdom. Although I brought my digital camera, I only ended up using 10 of my Fuji Instax photos. I'll share those with you tomorrow.

When I came back on Wednesday afternoon, the weather was absolutely terrible. I went from 80 degrees and sun in Florida to 40 degrees and rain in Chicago. However, today it is absolutely beautiful out, so I took the opportunity to take a lovely outdoor photo of my travel project:
Doesn't this little pin cushion look so spring-y in the grass? I have seen this design all over the web, and Leanda from One Loop Short has a version for sale. I must admit, however, that I did not buy it. It is simply 8 of my favorite hexagon motifs, crocheted with a 1.25mm hook and DMC Perle Cotton thread, and then joined together in a creative way. I stuffed it with some leftover white muslin, since the holes are pretty big, and I wanted it to have some weight. It was so easy to travel with, and I had half of it done after the first day of travel. On the way to Orlando, I sat next to a very friendly Southwest pilot who said "That is the smallest knitting I have ever seen!"

Ok, hopefully I'm off for a bike ride!

1 comment :

  1. Welcome back! I always wondered how shirts and things like that are knit, only knowing the giant afghan style knitting, but now I see that you can use smaller textile to knit with.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!