Friday, June 17, 2011

beaded bracelets - my post-craft show reward!

Awhile ago, I read that when you are running your own business and want to stay motivated, it's important to reward yourself for a job well done. In this case, I bought my reward before the job was near finished, but it's helped me stay motivated!

After Danielle from Thompson Family Life posted about beaded friendship bracelets, I could not stop thinking about them. They are the perfect summer bracelet, especially the chevron style. So I bought a bead loom last week, and told myself I'd save it for after the craft fair. So far - so good. 

beaded bracelets - my reward!

There's another specific type of bracelet I want to make:


A Pretty Little Liars bracelet! If you haven't watched this ABC Family show - it's deliciously bad teen melodrama. Each girl in the show has a beaded bracelet with her name on it, and they play a big part in the plot. My sister and I are both love this show (guilty pleasure), so I bought us beads so we could have matching bracelets. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend - I'll be back Monday with lots of pictures from the craft show!

6 comments :

  1. Awesome! I have a very similar little loom and just love it. Though I'm never terribly confident that the beads on the end are nice and tight. If you figure that one out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never watched the show, but did you know it's based on a series of books??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to make some of those beaded bracelets and confession:I am watching Pretty Little Liars on Hulu right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love little beaded bracelets! Back in the day, I made a bunch of them, without the aide of a loom. It makes me wonder if I still have one of my pattern books lurking around somewhere :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies!

    Elizabeth - glad to know I have another friend to indulge with me!

    Mandy - YES. I saw them at Borders awhile back. Have you read them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. is there a tutorial for them?? I;d really like to learn how to make the PLL one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!