Wednesday, March 24, 2010

more yarn wreath love

My holiday wreath was getting a little old. A bit out of season. It is not really a "Christmas" wreath, so I think it can last from about September to March, but it's time for a new one:
Ok, so... I like it... but I don't know if I love it. I wrapped the base using Elise's tutorial (isn't her butterfly wreath adorable?), and I really like it. That light blue color really says "romantic spring in a field with tiny bunnies" to me. I thought I wanted to use it with red... but now that I look at it, I'm kinda blah about it.

The thing is - the base sat there for a long time, waiting. So I just went ahead and put the red flowers on - but they are not permanently attached. The little centers are pins, and the red yarn is just wrapped around, it's not secured in anyway. So it can easily be changed. Maybe in a month or so I will get inspired.

What do you think?

2 comments :

  1. I love it!! But I adore the blue/teal color with a big cardinal pop to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get what you're saying about the blue/red combo...I love the red flowers, but I think I'm not as crazy about the red zig zags around the rest of the wreath...or perhaps adding another color someone? Some yellow or goldenrod might look super cute...
    But I do really love the whole style of the wreath- that is totally "Katie Blue"
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!