Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Music of the Month :: Mitch Mead

I skipped the Music of the Month last month due to vacation, but I'm back this month with an artist who is very close to me. Like, he lives in Chicago. Ok, and he's my friend. 


Mitch Mead is a dream boat of a singer/songwriter, and although you've probably never heard him, once you start, you're a little doomed. His smooth voice and complex lyrics draw you in, and he is equally rockin' whether his guitar is acoustic or electric.

This month Mitch has challenged himself to the "September Song Project" - I love personal challenges like this. He will write one new song a day for the month of September, and document it in video form. Here's his offering for today:


Keep your eye on his YouTube channel and his Facebook for the rest of September to watch his progress.


At his last show, Mitch played an exceptional cover of Supergrass' "Alright," and it completely blew my mind. Remember my love of Clueless? Mitch knows where it's at.

1 comment :

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!