Sunday, September 12, 2010

a new sweater vest - maybe.

After I sorted through my knitting magazine stash, there were a few patterns that I decided to knit right then and there (the first being the winter hat). The other pattern that caught my eye was the Provincial Waistcoat, from Interweave Winter 2006. I had about enough yarn in my stash, so I cast on with fingers crossed. 


Here's a progress shot, and I have to tell you - I don't think I'm going to make it. I think I'm going to run out of yarn before I'm done. A knitter's. worst. nightmare.

I'm hoping I will at least get through all the knitting, and then I can do the i-cord finishing in another yarn. Since - you know - the point of stash-busting is the whole not buying yarn part. Wish me luck!

ps. I hit up the Renegade Craft Fair yesterday - I'll give you a full report tomorrow!

2 comments :

  1. Son of B! I forgot that renegade craft fair was this weekend and I so wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!