Monday, October 18, 2010

The fruits of my screen printing - Felt Coasters

grey & yellow coasters

In addition to the Girl Scout totes, I screen printed these coasters. You may remember them from a few months ago. They've been done for awhile - but I wanted to reveal all the screen printed stuff at one time - so "Ta Dahhh!"

pink & grey coasters

They're backed with vintage fabric, and even though they suggest eating, I'd say they're pretty good for drinking (please don't eat felt). 

gold & green coasters

I bought the grey wool felt with this project in mind, but didn't know how it would work, so I bought some acrylic felt for the test run. Ahem! I mean "recycled" felt. Both variations worked great!

coasters all tied up

Why the "Eat Me" design, you ask? Well, #1 - cake is delicious. And #2 - I originally came up with this design when my theater company did an Alice in Wonderland - themed fundraiser. I had big plans to sell Alice-themed crafty wares, but that didn't really pan out. My screen printing class gave new life to the old idea!

1 comment :

  1. I love these! This print was my favorite of the ones you did and the rose fabric you picked to back them is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!