Friday, October 15, 2010

Music of the Month :: Sufjan Stevens

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the enigmatic Sufjan Stevens


I would say he is one of my top-10-favorite musicians of all time. I'm highlighting him now because his brand new album, The Age of Adz, was just released on Tuesday. I've been listing to it non-stop for the past two weeks, courtesy of NPR. I heartily recommend it.


Stevens is mostly known for a folksy style - he plays the banjo a lot (do you see a trend with my musical preference?). But on this new album, he explores a more technical sound, to great success.


Although I can't stop listening to this new album, I think my favorite is still Illinois. I used to listen to it while biking around Chicago - perfection.

1 comment :

  1. I love that last song you posted! I don't think I've ever listened to his other stuff. I just posted about music I can't get enough of too :D
    Cute coasters in the first post!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!