These succulents felt New Years-y for some reason...
Chris & I on NYE, Chris made a fancy New Years brunch
1. Lose 30lbs before I turn 30 years. Yup, this year I turn 30 in September. I'm not dreading this in the slightest, except that I know that it will only get harder to lose weight and get fit from here on out. By the way, this goal started as "Lose 25lbs," but then my sister and I were chatting about it, and she said, "Too bad it's not 30, that would sound better!" And I said, "Well, I've probably gained 5lbs over Christmas..." Hahah...
2. Get a commercial agent by April. I've been in LA for a year, now, and although I've done some great stuff, I'll need an agent to take things to the next level. So this is my first concrete career goal of the year.
3. More reading, more music, more sewing. How to put this one into a simple sentence? This year I did less of these three things (I only read 9 books!) than ever before. Clearly, I have a lot of hobbies, and I think they help me relax. So this year, more of relaxing though hobbies.
4. De-stash. I have a lot of craft supplies, and live in a tiny apartment. So no buying anything new - this year I'll use up the stuff I have. This also includes listing things on etsy that are sitting around (a lot of felt curios and brooches).
5. Re-design Blog. It's been almost two years since my sister designed the awesome header up there. So yeah, time for something new.
6. Write on the blog. It's so easy to post pictures of projects and call it a blog post, right? And sometimes that's just what you want, but to be honest, I don't feel like this blog has been a very true representation of my personality lately. Movies and TV are also a huge part of my life that I almost never share on here. So not all the time, but sometimes, I'll write more, about more subjects.
7. Buy less, be more creative with what I have. I have a lot of clothes, a lot of shoes, a lot of stuff. So this year, I'll be more creative with the things I have, and get rid of the things I don't like to use.
8. Learn to use my DSLR. Ok, so I'm not, like, a novice. But there's a lot more to learn on my fancy-ass camera, and this year I'm finally going to learn. There's even a video function!
9. Roast a chicken. This is my cooking goal for this year. Chris does most of the cooking around here, but I like to get in the kitchen once in awhile, and this year I'm going to roast a chicken, whole. Because I love roast chicken.
10. Host a monthly craft night. I spent 2012 telling my crafty friends that I was going to host a craft night. Time to make good on that promise. If you're crafty in SoCal, let me know so I can add you to the list!
You might notice that none of my goals are about knitting, travel, etsy, designing, and such. I don't really feel the need to make concrete goals for those things - I know they will just happen!
Thanks, friends, for reading. I hope you've had a lovely New Year, and I'm so thankful that you've stuck around for another year. I look forward to another year of friendship!