Friday, January 25, 2013

Blanket for Baby #3

Yup, I'm still posting pictures of all my holiday gift knitting (and sewing). Hope you enjoy, and leave links to your holiday projects in the comments for me to look at, too! 

Baby Blanket

Gifted To: Technically, this is a blanket for my brother's third baby - a boy - due in March. But I wrapped it up and gave it as a Christmas gift to my brother and his wife, because it just felt a little more special. Plus, they'll get another gift once baby arrives. 

Pattern: Chevron Baby Blanket from the Purl Bee. This one had been in my queue for awhile, just waiting for the right baby and the right...

Yarn: Baby's First, a Lion Brand yarn. Oh man, this yarn! I picked it up on a whim at Michael's when I was doing a ton of Christmas crafting shopping, and it is awesome. An acrylic/cotton blend (that I had never seen before), it feels like a squishy, soft sweatshirt when knit up. I wish they made more colors, because I would totally make a blanket for myself out of this stuff! 

Baby Blanket for #3

When I presented Michael and Jen with this blanket, after ooo-ing and ahhh-ing over it, Jen said, "I didn't know if you were going to make a third one! Madigan has her's, and Ellie has her's, so I thought, maybe there will be a third, maybe not!"

But I will confess to you, dear readers, that one of the sweetest things Jen has ever said (or texted) to me was about those two baby blankets. She once said something along the lines of, "I'm so glad my daughters have special handmade blankets and sweaters, just for them, so they know they are loved and special." I'm paraphrasing here, but just be assured, my heart did melt. And she pretty much secured a lifetime of handmade goodness for her babies. :)

7 comments :

  1. This is so pretty! What a gorgeous gift! Like your sister-in-law said, it's so special to have something handmade especially for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really think so - it's a nice way to come into the world.

      Delete
  2. Awe, this is so sweet! I have been wanting to make this pattern for a while now, as well. Those kiddos sure are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a personal and sweet gift to make a baby blanket. They are chewed on and dragged around until the child is old enough to be embarrassed about having a blankie. I still use an afghan my grandmother made me as a lap throw when we watch tv at night. And my kids used the tiny one she made me as well. I'll have to check out the lion yarn. I want to make a bedspread that is easy care and indestructible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should hope my knits are that loved! Yeah, check out that yarn and see if you like any of the colors - it's totally awesome when knit up.

      Delete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!