Sunday, February 21, 2010

la moustache


I've been busy! When I think about what I would want on my wall - I think "facial hair." I made four of these little mustaches mounted on wood plaques.

The mustaches themselves are felt and embroidery. The wood plaques are the kind you get at any craft store - I'm sure you've seen them all over etsy. If you look closely, you can see the black and the blonde mustaches have little nails as well - like they are really mounted. I'm not sure which I like better - with nails or without.

In other news - I just watched "Bright Star."

It was really fantastic. Check out doe-c-doe and mr. x-stitch for more thorough info and pictures. The whole film is breathtakingly beautiful. Plus a lot of sewing and a good love story. sigh.

Now what excuse can I find to make this dress??

6 comments :

  1. I loved the one you gave to Gwen. It struck me as a post-modern piece of Victoriana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of felt as wall art. And you should make the dress for Halloween. If I had one, I think I would wear it every Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I love my moustache!! It is hanging on one of the kitchen doors for all to see!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the 'stach wall decorations!
    have you made any pins of them yet?? because you should! i would wear it...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!