Thursday, January 27, 2022

Project! Twin Set: Fujiyama Mama by Poison Grrls Knits and My Little Secret Crop by Jessie Mae


Pattern: The bolero is the Fuijiyama Mama Bolero from Poison Grrls and the tank is My Little Secret Crop by Jessie Mae. 

Materials: One of my favorite cotton/acrylic blend yarns: Cotton Fair from Michael's! I am so obsessed with this yarn, it wears like a sweatshirt, it's super affordable and comes in nice, bright colors. 

Cost: I bought 4 skeins of this yarn for about $20, and I also paid for the bolero pattern. I got the tank pattern as a freebie when Jessie offered it up in March of 2020 for some distraction knitting. So for both garments, about $30. 

Timeline: This is what happens when I belatedly blog... it's all a little murky... I finished the bolero in April of 2021 and I believe I finished the tank in July. 

Feelings and notes about this project: Although I love the finished product, knitting this bolero was a bitch on my hands - the daisy stitch is GORGEOUS and I love the texture, but ouch. After I finished knitting it, I had almost two full skeins of red yarn left from the original four, so I decided to knit a tank to wear with it (or on its own). I was tempted to write a pattern in the same daisy stitch to perfectly match, but my hands couldn't take it, so I went with this TNT pattern. Easy, portable, wearable, A HIT. 


And yes, my THIRD ripple tank. Aren't they pretty in primary? It's also fun to see the difference between the red tank in a cotton blend yarn and the blue one, knit in wool. 

As much as I love this twin set, I have rarely worn it. Summer 2022, I'll bring it back! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!