Friday, January 7, 2011

The Books of 2010

I love reading. Although I don't post about books, I'm almost constantly in the middle of a book, usually Science Fiction or Historical Fiction. Right now it's Jane Eyre, which I'm listening to on audio book that I downloaded for free from librivox.org. I swear, audio books and crafting were made for each other.


Each year I keep track of how many books I've read and try to top the year before. This year I came in at 35 books completed. Although I could bore you with a review of most of them, I'll just say that of all 35, the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins was the most memorable. I loved those books and couldn't stop reading them. 

Without further ado, the books of 2010:
  1. Barbie & Ruth by Robin Gerber
  2. The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
  3. High Society: The Life of Grace Kelly by Donald Spoto
  4. Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher More
  5. You Suck: A Love Story by Christopher More
  6. Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
  7. The Stranger by Albert Camus
  8. Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher More
  9. A Dirty Job by Christopher More
  10. Interworld by Neil Gaiman & Michael Reaves
  11. Hobo by Eddy Joe Cotton
  12. Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norelle by Susanna Clarke
  13. She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
  14. The Handmade Marketplace: How to Sell Your Crafts Locally, Globally and On-Line by Kari Chapin
  15. Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Peterson
  16. The Lady in the Tower by Jean Plaidy
  17. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer
  18. The Queen of the Big Time by Adriana Trigiani
  19. The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K. Lee
  20. Benny & Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti
  21. The Nazi Officer's Wife by Edith Hahn Beer
  22. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
  23. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  24. Virgin by Robin Maxwell
  25. Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
  26. Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
  27. The World Below by Sue Miller
  28. Burning Bright by Tracey Chavalier
  29. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  30. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
  31. The Girl Who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson
  32. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson
  33. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  34. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
  35. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

4 comments :

  1. Katie, after you finish Jane Eyre, you should pickup "The Eyre Affair" by Jasper Fforde the first in the Thursday Next series. Because it is happiness.

    Also I have a cousin named Owen Mooney, his parents were unaware of the John Irving novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspired by Nick Hornby's The Polysyllabic Spree, I used to do this as well - keep a list of all the books I'd read. I stopped doing it somewhere along the line, I'm not sure why, but this post has, erm, re-inspired me to start again. I've been thinking I don't read nearly as much as I'd like anymore and I'm hoping to change that in 2011. Thanks for sharing your list - and since we've read some of the same things, I'm definitely going to go check out your best of pick right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - you definitely should! I seriously could not put them down.

    Spud - other than the Hunger Games, I really liked "The Help" and anything by Christopher More or Neil Gaiman.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!