Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Weekend in Numbers

Number of:

preppin' the hats

Last-minute costumes prepped: 2
Dollars spent on costumes: 15

Potato Roquefort soup and Homemade Bread

Bowls of homemade Potato Roquefort soup consumed: 1
Slices of homemade bread consumed: 1
(all made by Chris)

Practically perfect

Last-minute costumes worn (to great effect): 2
"What, you're just old-timey? WAIT YOU'RE MARY POPPINS!!!" said - 1

Away!

Pieces of this outfit I had to buy: 1 
(Just the umbrella - yes, I already owned every other piece of this costume)
Rooms reserved at Lincoln Karaoke - 1

Rosie the Riveter

Dudely Rosie the Riveter at karaoke - 1

Amazing muppet costumes!

Muppet Karaoke

Amazing muppets* at karaoke - 2

Statler and Waldorf

Statler & Waldorf at Karaoke - 1 (pair)

must finish this sock!

socks** finally being finished - 1

* Yes, everyone was dressed as muppets, because we were going to throw a muppet-themed Halloween party, but it was thwarted by the bugs. Chris and I were going to go as Gonzo and Camilla, also thwarted by the bugs. 
** I am whipping through all unfinished projects. The Habu scarf is done and I am determined to have a pair of socks by the end of this week. 

5 comments :

  1. Looks like an awesome time! Have fun finishing things up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Both the costume AND the fact that you only needed an umbrella to put that together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a chimney brush that Chris needed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You stole my costume! I wanted to be Mary Poppins (and make Jeff dress as Burt) sooo badly. Did I tell you that?.....Except you are awesome because you had everything for the costume. I, however, only had the umbrella. Womp.

    BUT, you guys looked cute! Good work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!