Monday, June 4, 2012

Fixing Past Mistakes (with Crochet, let's not get too serious)

neckline

Remember this ole thing?

It's Make Up Your Mind, which I knit last summer, and >ahem< was not in love with. Ok, I've never worn it. Ever.

But then two weeks ago I actually wanted to wear it, put it on, and it was still ill-fitting. (Why didn't it magically fix itself in my closet?) The neckline was too droopy, and the whole thing lacked structure, being knit in an un-elastic cotton. Boo.

fixed tank

Luckily, I still had some of that un-elastic cotton in my stash, and I took it out and added two rows of single crochet at the neckline, armholes and hem. Problem, solved! 

racerback

Cause, let's face it: It's time to get on board with summer sweaters, living in California and all. 

7 comments :

  1. Ooh, I like this shape! I've never made a summer sweater before, but this is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, this is a great pattern, in general very flattering, and now much more so!

      Delete
  2. Great fix! I'm also a california knitter who, for some very strange reason, doesn't like summer knits. Maybe it's time to step out of my comfort zone as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so! It's too hot around here to knit ONLY with 100% wool. I mean, it will still happen, but not all the time!

      Delete
  3. this is GORGEOUS! and you look gorgeous in it! and i see those awesome details in the background of your amazing apartment complex. Just wow. : )

    danielle thompson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle! And totally, more pictures of my apartment building are coming!

      Delete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!