Friday, June 22, 2012

A Sister Road Trip Across America - Part 4

SisterRoadTrip


As you may know, at the end of January I drove cross-country with my sister, Meghan. We had a lot of fun, and took a lot of awesome pictures, and I've been wanting to share mine with you, but to be perfectly honest, her's are better. She's put together a few posts with some of her best, most amazing pictures from our journey and a few fun realizations. This is Part 4, the final installation. Read the rest here

Part 4: California!    


0626


After four days in the car, a few exciting tourist adventures, a completed book on tape, and an enthusiastic rendition of "Colors of the Wind" by the Canavan sisters, we made it to California. All LA traffic and sleepiness aside, we were happy to finally arrive at Katie's adorable new apartment; complete with a mermaid fountain, '60s color scheme, courtyard pool, and a couple of fat cats hangin' around.

0964

0956

0939

0938-2

0932

0928-2

0924

0606 0944

Over the next three days we started getting Katie settled in and made time for a little fun, too.  We checked out some good places to eat and shop in Burbank, went to The Getty Museum to enjoy art, gardens, and the scenery, and went to Santa Monica so that I could get my ocean fix before heading back to the Midwest.


0650 0649

0638

0627 0618

0605

0601

I wish I could've stayed for another week or two to explore, but we did the best we could with the time we had. Here are some photos from our California adventures. Again, taken with my Nikon and my iPhone. I'm already planning a trip back to visit this year, but for now, enjoy this small taste of California!

xo Meghan

5 comments :

  1. Gosh, I miss California! Love seeing these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures and you blog! What a fun trip that you'll remember forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Elyse Bairley by the way (sorry not trying to me anonymous) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elyse! I was wondering who that was - thank for the comments! We loved the trip, and are glad to share!

      Delete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!