Saturday, June 9, 2012

my week in instagrams (& a video & some links)

my new hk design!

This week has been super busy - I'm currently working two jobs (this is my first day off in over a week) and I just started a Shakespeare acting class. Lots of reading, lots of book work, not so many Instagrams

But I have been knitting away at my next Holla Knits design! Allyson sent me some Knit Picks Gloss DK yarn, and it's been delightful to knit with thus far, perfectly cushy and soft, but still wooly. And as you can see, it makes even the tiniest of cables pop. 

Also this week I ordered one of these new Soakboxes (found via Hello Knitty). You may have noticed I've been crazy about painting my nails lately, so I'm super excited to have matching yarn for mitts & nail polish! I ordered the Cuff au Lait color. 

And lastly, in internet news, have you seen this:



I get chills every time I watch it. Thanks, Mr. R!

froyo outfit pretty thrifted ring from Israel
1. My froyo matches my dress! 2. Thrifted vintage ring, "Made in Israel."

groovy van strawberry arnold palmer popsicle
3. A groovy van - there are so many amazing old cars in California. 4. Popsicle of the week - Strawberry Arnold Palmer.

candy store
5. Rocket Fizz in Burbank, a super cute candy & soda shop.

6 comments :

  1. You're so busy! I'm looking forward to seeing your new design. Finishing School was incredibly cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend. I think this next one is going to be pretty cute!

      Delete
  2. I need to get a Soakbox! I like Lace Kelly the best (such a sucker for teal) but I'm drawn to Clark Cable because Clark is my pretend boyfriend. And nails - I'm commenting while waiting for my nails to dry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah, yup - I just bought two new nail polishes last night. And it was totally between Lace Kelly and Cuff Au Lait for me, too! I went with the brown color because it seemed more versatile, and also, almost everything I own is teal, so I thought I'd take a break!

      Delete
  3. That ring is beautiful - what a great find! Also love the Pantone mug in the WIP shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That mug was a gift - I think they make them in all different colors?

      Delete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!