Monday, August 27, 2012

Adventure Time - Little Tokyo

Little Tokyo

I've been in a bit of a rut. The weekend comes, I don't plan anything, and I end up at Target with my friend Melissa, around 10pm on a Saturday, spending $100. Have you been in this rut? It's just so easy

So Melissa and I made a list of all the fun places in the LA area that we wanted to explore, and vowed to break the Saturday-Night-Target Habit. So we started last Saturday by visiting LA's Little Tokyo

pretty!

yums!

Little Tokyo is a super cute area of downtown LA that has all sorts of fun Japanese restaurants and shops. There's a Japanese cultural center (they had a quilt exhibit!), and we even stumbled upon an eating contest. Yup, you heard me: Eating Contest

boba tea! mochi

crazy photo books

We possibly went overboard on the food - boba tea, conveyer belt sushi and mochi ice cream in assorted flavors. 

pretties

I had to hold myself back from buying all the cute things - but I did go for this little bear purse. It's so cuuuute! 

souvenir!

Sometimes, with adventure comes pain. I had never experienced one of these conveyer belt sushi places, and it was kind of amazing. The sushi goes past your table and you just reach out and take what you want. 

the sushi that did us in  rotating sushi

Here's Melissa with the piece that did us in - the Heart Clam. The description said "Like a Tender Chicken," which could not have been less true. It was a disgusting, chewy, mess and ruined our appetites for the next two hours.

Ah, well, you live, you learn, you never eat the Heart Clam again!

6 comments :

  1. I haven't had mochi in forever and it sounds so good! Glad you're having a great time exploring - with a city like LA I imagine there are lots and lots of adventures awaiting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!