Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mamma!

mama's mitts

My mother's birthday was last Friday, so I took a break from working on my 3rd Holla Knits design to whip up a pair of mitts for her. 

close up on the mitts

I made a pair of these at Christmas for myself, and I loved the pattern (Susie's Reading Mitts) so much that it's become my new go-to. The yarn is Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd's Wool, and they turned out beautifully. 

birthday mitts

Now if the temperature drops below 90 degrees, she'll be able to wear them!

4 comments :

  1. and I LOVE them!!! Ill have to look in my package for my purple nail polish to match!! I'm so glad the mystery of the red mitts has been solved. Although I did enjoy wearing them a couple of times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, that polish is Melissa's! I'll have to ask her what the color name is, so we can get some for you!

      Delete

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!