Sunday, September 18, 2011

the theater stuff: Dumb Angel

Some of you may remember that in real life, I'm involved in theater, and I wanted to tell you about my new project - I'm directing a reading of a new play, Dumb Angel, for the Ruckus Theater. There are three performances - two this weekend and one next week - and if you're interested, there are tickets for sale here

Dumb Angel is a collage tribute to the life of Brian Wilson, and the first act is directly transcribed from a recording of the Beach Boys' recording session for "Help Me, Rhonda." In the play, the actors playing the Beach Boys sing the song multiple times in 4-part harmonies. Which means I've woken up singing "Help Me, Rhonda," for the past 3 weeks. 

Makes a girl want to pick up a ukulele...


Yup, my music is off-camera to the right. 

1 comment :

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!