Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Daisy Stitch Handwarmers

After I cast on my Aidez cardigan last week, I suddenly realized that what I really needed was fingerless gloves! It's exactly fingerless-gloves-weather. Luckily, I had queued The Purl Bee's Daisy Stitch Hand Warmer pattern on Ravelry

handwarmers on the keys

This pattern is awesome! Not only is the daisy stitch pattern interesting, its the perfect way to use up odds and ends of yarn. I used two colors of Wool-Ease, one color of Cascade 220 (recognize it from my Beatnik?) and one color of Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepard's Wool. 

close up

I made three little changes - I knit the daisy stitch on size 9 US needles, I added 8 rows of Daisy Stitch before the tumb, and I took out the row of daisy stitch in the thumb. Instead I just worked 3 rows of 1x1 rib. 

pretties

They're a little tight, due to the Daisy Stitch, but I think they'll stretch out in time. I've been wearing them while sewing brooches for my upcoming craft fair - perfect!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thank you, and look for your response here!